Nicole Mano was born on the 5th of November in Istanbul, Turkey.
She is currently studying in Rotterdam, Netherlands. She says; ”I honestly can’t remember a time when art was not a part of my life. I was always a dreamer. When I was a little girl, I would view life as a fairytale and people were heroes, princesses, villains...etc. in my eyes.
There comes a time in our lives where we have to come face to face with the reality of life, however I did not want to loose my wonderland, so I poured everything into my paintings. My paintings are like the episodes of a tv series.They are all connected, however each one of them tell a different story.
I feel like everyone can relate to my work because although our experiences are different we all get similar emotions.” Mano often works with different textures and layers instead of flat surfaces because her paintings are inspired by chaotic emotions and the ups and downs of life.
As a result of her creating new pieces while continuously growing and changing, her pieces represent different values. She frequently uses gold in her pieces to symbolize beauty and value. To create mystery, she uses depth in her paintings. This way, with every glance you notice another detail and everyday you discover something new about her work.
To explain how she collects inspiration, she says; “Over time, the admonitions we hear from people turn into clichés. They lose their value and their impact. But I think the lessons we learn from life are valuable enough to be seen. That is why behind all my paintings there is a story, a message and countless thoughts.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
- Attended a reception at the Beştepe Presidential Complex upon the invitation of the Chief of Cabinet of the Presidency Dr. Hasan Doğan to represent the Turkish Jewish community as an artist and gifted a painting to Dr. Hasan Doğan. - (January 20th,, 2021)
- Produced the music video for şarabı marabı - 31.12.2020 - (2020)
- Produced the music video for ŁV - TIRTIL (Official Lyric Video) - (2019)
- Painted/customized bags at live events for DESA
- Painted custom shoes and jean jackets for different brands.
- Designed the cover of the music album ‘Kanatlarla’ on Spotify - (2018)
- Sold paintings and works of art at individual exhibitions
Açı Schools, Istanbul:
- Social Honor: Personal Art Exhibition - Art & Design Involvement
- Social Honor: Created a short movie for the ceremony of March 18th Martyrs Day and 104th Anniversary of Canakkale Victory.
- Gained recognition regarding works in fine arts and design, displayed artworks in exhibitions. Designed mugs for Aci Schools Alumni Association
- Designed and coordinated the manufacturing of hoodies for seniors
Distinction Award - 2015, Israel
Special Mention Award and 5th. place at ‘My Family Story’ International Competition among contestants from all the world organized by Beit Hatfutsot, The Museum of the Jewish People in Israel. The one and only attendant from Turkey.